Day 4, Seoul


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
June 16th 2015
Published: June 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today we first headed up to Korean Tourist Information Center in Gwanghwamun area. In the center we tried traditional Korean dresses. Two ladies helped us to put the dresses and then they took pictures of us. After leaving the center we also passed by the statues of Admiral Yi Sun-Shin and King Sejong, which are situated in Gwanghwamun Square.

Next we went to the N Seoul Tower located in Namsan Park. The tower is 236.7 meters high and from the observatory you could see the entire Seoul. To get to the tower we first took a cable car and then we had to walk a bit. Before going to the tower we went to a platform which was full of locks. We also bought one lock and put it to one of the railings. Usually couples put locks there to celebrate their eternal love, but we just put it there to celebrate our 7 years of friendship. After that we went to the tower. Up in the tower we took pictures and admired the scenery even though it was foggy.

Because tomorrow we have an early wake up call, we decided to go for quick shopping and to get some food. We went to Myeongdong and ate in a restaurant called Alssam Muhanlipil. There we had sausage stew with noodles, bulgogi and rice. The sausage stew included sausage, spam, pasta, Korean rice cake etc. The food was ok but nothing special. It felt that we were eating "student food" even though in Korea spam is a delicacy, even given as a gift.

Then we went back to the guesthouse to get energy for tomorrows trip to the border of the two Koreas. Todays weather was as good as it has been in previous days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb