Day 1: Vancouver to Seoul


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
March 13th 2012
Published: March 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 1: Leaving Vancouver.



Hello Snow! Is this a Canadian farewell? We all arrived at the airport by 10:30am, plenty of time to get everyone checked in and settled. It was great to see the friends and family that came out to send us off and Bruce Ivany and a few others were able to catch a team photo before we went through security –Thanks for posting it on Facebook Bruce!

Not a hitch leaving Vancouver. The team was obviously excited about the grueling 12-hour trip to Seoul.

The Vancouver-Seoul Flight was packed. The team was lucky to be in close proximity with one another but a few were on their own while others were able to sit in twos. Anne and Pam were blessed with the presence of a two-year old sitting behind them – always makes for a long 12-hour trip.

I’d like to say that all of us got some well-needed rest but that wasn’t the case. The younger folk were running on adrenalin and rumor has it that they only put in 15 minutes of sleep. By the time we got to Seoul the novelty of flying seemed to have worn off and each one of us was feeling the ‘bum-ache’. Doesn’t matter how nice the flight is sometimes when its 12-hours of flying, its hard on the toosh!

But as we would arrive in Seoul, God presented us with our first challenge – many more of which to be expected I’m sure…



Please pray for continued safety as we enter Mumbai and Nagpur. For restful, alert minds for each member, and for God to continue to challenge us so we don’t lose our focus – after all it’s all for Him!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb