Orientation Happenings and some Pictures


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
February 21st 2009
Published: February 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

The photos were taken at Dankook University Cheonan Campus. We stayed in the dorms there during orientation. Overall the accommodations were very nice. I absolutely love the warm floors. The absolute best is when you crawl out of bed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and the floor is nice and warm! However, the thermostat was not particularly fond of the button that is supposed to turn down the heat. Every time we would come back from a lecture our room was like the Amazon. Despite the fact that it was the middle of winter, we would frequently have the window open. I suppose this was to make up for the fact that the hallways are not heated? None of the hallways were heated and this was definitely obvious if you sat to close to the door when you ate in the cafeteria. Some people though did not seem to mind the cold and left the door hanging wide open for all of the cold air to come flooding into the cafeteria. That door was my arch nemesis. :P Enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Dorm BathroomDorm Bathroom
Dorm Bathroom

This one is for Danielle Wright. ;)
Dorm BathroomDorm Bathroom
Dorm Bathroom

Note: Nothing separating the shower from the rest of the bathroom.
Dorm RoomDorm Room
Dorm Room

The little cabinet on the far right is for your shoes. you can see the area right in front of the door where you are supposed to take off your shoes. We both received a really cheap pair of white slippers that we were to wear inside the room.


21st February 2009

Thank you for the picture Nicole. I think I about died of laughter.
22nd February 2009

The shower thing is very strange.. I hope you are enjoying things so far!
3rd March 2009

kkk
Hi we are thinking abt to come to Dankook for exchange programm can anyone tell how it is? Also on wich campus is the language programm? Thanks so far for the pictures they are already a great help.

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0992s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb