10th Day: Gangnam Underground Shopping and Seoul Grand Zoo


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul » Seocho-gu
September 18th 2012
Published: March 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Gangnam Undergroumd shopping was in Seochogu, so Sandra took me there in her car so we'll save time. At Gangnam, they sold clothes, accessories, furniture, dishes, lighting, blankets, toiletries, framed art and pot plants. There was a different section for every type of product. Although there are many stores, most of them are for women. There are still some for men, but it's hard to find any. One bad thing about Gangnam Underground shopping is that during rush hour, it is super crowded it is very difficult to move to where you want to go. The best time to go is in the afternoon where it's less crowded and you have more space to move around.

When buying something, the prices may be already cheap but when it's something slightly more expensive, bargain for it. Asks for discounts or two for one price, because sometimes fake goods are sold here and it might be hard to see if it's actually fake, so it's best to pay cheap than lose a lot of money. They also have Korean food sold down here too. It's rare to find any other food other than Traditional Korean food. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to try any food there because we had to leave.

Our next destination was the Seoul Grand Zoo. The zoo was really cute with all the animals in different sections of the park. We visited the cats section (lions, tigers, etc), bear section (black bears, polar bears etc.), African Animal section (giraffe, zebra, water-buck etc.) and many more. There were also water shows of water animals doing tricks. The one we saw had a seal and a dolphin. It was so cool how the dolphins jump through the hoop and how the seal balances a ball on its nose. After the show, we got a chairlift that took us over the whole zoo. It was fun and was a much better way of seeing all the animals than walking. The chairlift took us above all the sections of the zoo and many cages of the animals. We spent the rest of the day there, just walking around and sometimes coming across feeding time for the animals. This was one of my favourite days of my trip so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb