The island of Jeju South of Korea


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Jeju
April 22nd 2019
Published: April 22nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Our first stop on this island was at a museum which demonstrated all the cultural things of Korea. Nicely done and mercifully not too long. Loved the grandfather god carved out of volcanic rock for protection. Got one for the bottom of our garden! Not as big as the one in the photo I hasten to add! Later on at the coast we had to use our imagination yet again to see a dragon in a rock. We saw the dragon , a crocodile and a koala! Don't think we were supposed to see all these! Finally a trip to the local market. These are always good as the fresh live fish on show are fascinating as well as the bizarre meats. Back on board we are celebrating Easter with Easter egg display. We missed the chocolate treats in the afternoon as we went to Trivia and did badly yet again. Stefan complained about the patchy service and since then we have had waiters hovering around serving us very promptly! As long as the wine flows I don't care! Weather continues to be summery and not as expected but we are not complaining about that. We absconded from the tour the following day and had a wonderful peaceful time on a virtually empty ship. There are many long tours today so hopefully the number of people at Trivia will be fewer and we might have a chance of winning. However the list of prizes for all the points we are collecting is rather desultory. I wanted golf balls for my son but they are not doing them on this trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.396s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.094s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb