Just general


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Incheon
June 25th 2009
Published: June 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Animal Carnival DayAnimal Carnival DayAnimal Carnival Day

Tony aptly dressed as a toger
I am increasingly astounded at how quickly time flies. I have now been here close on 9 months and I just don’t know where time has gone. As I mentioned my co-teacher Robin sadly couldn’t get her head around the crazy disorganization which is a common occurrence at a Korean Hagwon and I think perhaps the whole Asian experience was just not quite what she expected so she did a mid-night run back to Canada. (I think the number 302 airport bus which stops just outside her apartment had been tempting her since her second week here). As a result its been a pretty hectic couple of months for me. I think the kids are sick of seeing me every day and lesson planning is a joke cause not only is there just no time but when you have to teach the same content to different children 3, 4, 5 times a day lesson creativity is at a minimum. I think it’s as tough on the kids as it is on me! This being said the two months have flown by and in two weeks I can get my old, bearable, teaching schedule back when the new western teacher arrives (that after he spends a week in his apartment making sure he hasn’t brought the swine flu with him (I kid you not), he can’t come near the school for a week.

I’m hoping I will win back some favour with my students when their lessons get more exciting again. What I am also really looking forward to and what may just make July a good teaching month is the Boryeong Mudfest adventure planned for the second week in July and the fast approaching summer holidays at the end of July! I couldn’t be more excited at the thought of 8 days holiday and I’m hoping those 8 days will be spent exploring Japan, fingers crossed.

Aside from school things are pretty uneventful I have been doing a whole bunch of chilling out and I have also been spending hours planning a very very exciting Asia overland trip from November through December. I’m getting so excited for my travels and the though that Kenny may be joining me is getting me even more hyped up! Very scary that that’s only 4 months away so mad saving is underway!

Oh one thing I did actually do this last weekend is finally get my but off to a Hash run. I had planned to join a Hash since before I even arrived but I have been slack so finally nine months into my stay in the Republic of Korea I finally joined in the fun! Hashing is just brilliant, for those who don’t know what Hashing is, it’s a whole bunch of world wide groups called the Hash House Harriers and basically they call themselves runners with a drinking problem. The group meets at a designated spot and then a “hare” goes ahead of the group and marks a trail which the rest of the group then follows. The aim is to snare the hare but in reality everyone is just there for a run, some fun and foe a beer and some socialising after. This Sunday we did more hiking than running after the hares laid a trail round Namhansansong which is a mountain rather than a walking or running trail.

It’s safe to say we all nearly died and the hare got snared cause since the mountain hiking proved a little challenging for them too it was super fun though quat burn and all. I’m really looking forward to this week’s 500th run at Southside Hash and if you ever get the chance I suggest you find a hash near you and join in the fun!

That’s about all I have to say for now, I think I have now finally caught up and left enough reading for those of you who are interested. I’ve also included a couple of pics from our school animal carnival that we had at the end of may!

I hope everyone at home and around the world is well and send me some news!

Bye for now



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Animal Carnival DayAnimal Carnival Day
Animal Carnival Day

Degas teacher
Animal Carnival DayAnimal Carnival Day
Animal Carnival Day

Degas teacher and I
Degas teacherDegas teacher
Degas teacher

Some of our youngest kids
Animal Carnival DayAnimal Carnival Day
Animal Carnival Day

Monet Teacher and I
Animal Carnival DayAnimal Carnival Day
Animal Carnival Day

Daisy and Doris
Monet Teacher Monet Teacher
Monet Teacher

Painting Kevins face
Animal Carnival DayAnimal Carnival Day
Animal Carnival Day

Brad the dinosaur
Animal Carnival DayAnimal Carnival Day
Animal Carnival Day

John the blue turtle
Animal Carnival DayAnimal Carnival Day
Animal Carnival Day

Degas the blue class
Animal Carnival DayAnimal Carnival Day
Animal Carnival Day

Chagalle the green class
Animal Carnival DayAnimal Carnival Day
Animal Carnival Day

Scot, a real terror but one of my favourites
Animal Carnival DayAnimal Carnival Day
Animal Carnival Day

Posing for the 100th class photo


Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 85; dbt: 0.0887s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb