A quick look at South Korea


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Incheon
February 6th 2007
Published: February 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

GoodbyesGoodbyesGoodbyes

Everybody saying goodbye
Hi again.
Well this is actually the second time I've updated this blog. Apparently the computer wasn't as reliable as I expected and swithed off half way through.

Anyways....
Yesterday morning saw us wake an an absurd hour (3.30am) and head off to the airport to board our first of 2 10/11 hour flights. Yes a few tears were shed (mainly by us girls) but it was generally excitement buzzing around.

On the flight we discovered that Tyson has the amazing ability to sleep for long periods of time in uncomfortable surroundings. (5 hours in a small plane chair) Sam slowly mastered Soduko and crosswords and attempted to watch a Korean movie with English subtitles (not successfu. lThe afternoon part of the flight was a little more successful with an English with Korean subtitles film being played.)

Arrival at the airport was smooth and after a small amount of wandering around a kind gentlemen obviously took one look at us, said hmmmm tourists, and helped us find our way. A bus was next to the airport and then off to the hotel.

Staying at the Hyatt Incheon is perhaps a little more classy then what we will have for the next 11 months so yes we enjoyed it. Unfortunatly the hotel was actually about an hour and a half out of Seoul so Sam's shopping expedition was rethought.

After dinner (pumpkin soup, yummy marinated beef with rice and then cake) we decided to get to bed and maybe head off early in the morning for shopping. Well the alarm went off at 6. Unfortunatly the sun hadn't yet come up and it did look rather cold out that window. So we slept in had a buffet breakfast and went for walk down the road instead.

Yes our thoughts were right about the cold. A thermometer which we saw showed 10 degrees. Just a little fresh really.

Anyways now we wait at the airport again with our flight going to board again soon. Tyson will no doubt sleep and Sam will once again solve numerous puzzles (She's so clever).

So until our arrival in London
Bye Bye Now

P.S. Pictures to come



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Sams Korea Air BadgeSams Korea Air Badge
Sams Korea Air Badge

A special sticker to give us free stuff!!!!!
Temperature in KoreaTemperature in Korea
Temperature in Korea

A lovely picture of how cold it was in Korea
Friendly Little Korean RobotFriendly Little Korean Robot
Friendly Little Korean Robot

Tyson made friends with this talking and moving robot at the Korean Airport. They follow you around trying to help you.


6th February 2007

Koreans attack!
I would have gone and visited Jim Hong Ill. And then suckerpunched him. Well it's fucking hot here anyway so enjoy the cold - I wish I was there right now. Rick
6th February 2007

Hey Bro
Hey Bro, man 10 degrees, stuff that. well sounds like your having a good time, enjoy it ay, have fun you too.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb