Rainy days! Day 2 PyeongChang {Cath}


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Gangwon-do » Pyeong-Chang
July 11th 2007
Published: July 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Not so fun...Not so fun...Not so fun...

Cath without sunglasses, both feeling a bit sick, and the weather just staying drizzly.
I'm beginning to think that I sleep better in our tent than in my double bed! I can honestly say that spending the night, warm in the tent, listening to the sound of the rain just outside has got to be one of the most therapeutic things I think I've ever done.

Needless to say, the morning was a slow one, with both of us taking it in turns to wake up then drift off to sleep again! Eventually we separated ourselves from our tent to make our way to the ablution block and get started.

Somewhere in the packing process, I realised that my brand new sun glasses were missing, and thinking back I was pretty sure I'd left them in the paragliding truck! Aaaah bother.

We packed up the tent and headed back to the town, hoping to get to the paragliding office to see if the glasses were found. Typical to Korean nature, we'de been walking on the road about 30 seconds before someone offered to give us a lift.

Alas. No glasses in the Pyeong-Chang office.

I'm not sure if it was the drizzly weather, hectically oversleeping or having had an
Another street marketAnother street marketAnother street market

After packing up the tent in the rain, we went foraging for breakfast
overwhelming and physically exhausting day the day before, but we were both feeling a bit second hand. Wondering through the 5 day market, looking at all the previously foreign, but increasingly familiar, Korean stock of fresh fish and fruit, we toyed with the idea of either camping another night or heading home early.

Although usually we'd try to push on, this time, the dizziness and nausea got the better of us. So after a soothing lunch of yoghurt and fruit juice by one of Pyeong-Chang's spectacular rivers, we decided to call it a day and head back to the bus terminal. There's no point pushing ourselves when we'd rather get a start on the 7 hour trip back to English Village, crawl into bed and read a book. Some mountains are just there to be looked at and admired anyway.


The lady from the paragliding company called us a few hours later to tell us that she'd found my glasses in one of the other vans and that she'd post them back to me as soon as I send her our address Happy days again!

- the sunglasses are now back on Caths head! Ed


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Rice paddiesRice paddies
Rice paddies

Well, we didn't get to hike in the mountains, but once out of the rain and on the bus, we had a beautiful calm ride through rice fields fringed with mountains.


Tot: 0.278s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 36; qc: 158; dbt: 0.178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb