Lotus fest and Mud Fest


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Chungcheongnam-do » Boryeong
July 29th 2009
Published: July 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all well and trying to enjoy the summer despite the unfortunate bout of Toronto weather I heard about.

So about two weeks ago Jonathan and I went to an EPIK reunion. It was held in Seoul at the Olympic Parktel. Olympic hotels are a little creepy minus the Olympics. We went to a performance called Jump. Its was a comedy combined with martial arts. At one point they brought Jonathan on stage and made him do some somersaults and such. I tried to film it but I was asked to stop immediately for some reason. Later that night a bunch of us went to the Zebra bar (Real name -Juju bar) that we had frequented during our orientation. It was a real full circle moment. We had a lot of fun.

The next night we went back to Buyeo and our friend Janice and her new boyfriend came down with us so we could head to the Mud festival the next day and also make a small stop to Buyeo's Lotus festival (Shan this was when the pond was dead, but is now alive). Unfortunately this was during the rainy season so it thunder stormed on the day of the Mudfest but we were committed to going. Mudfest is a pretty big deal to the foreigners of Korea. It takes place over two weekends and it is mostly about getting drunk and muddy on a beach. We went on a Sunday. So we saw the leftovers of the night before. It was actually a little depressing seeing the poor hungover people with the rainy atmosphere.

I think I had high expectations. Most of the cool stuff was closed due to the craptastic weather and there was really only one 12 feet by 12 feet mud bath, a little awkward actually. Once you were in and covered with mud you got out and 15 photographers took your picture because it must have been a slow day with the rain. It was still fun but with a sprinkle of disappointment.

I also included some pics of another day we went to the lotus festival. I hope you enjoy the pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 83, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

DSC04119DSC04119
DSC04119

Who is that graceful swoon??


Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb