Busan South Korea


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Busan
February 20th 2015
Published: February 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Busan


Gwangalli BridgeGwangalli BridgeGwangalli Bridge

Busan international Fireworks competition
Beautiful Gwangalli Beach, Busan

From mountain top temples to seaside cliffs and beautiful sandy beaches, Busan is a gem.
I cannot describe the feeling I got when I first saw Gwangalli bridge in the distance. The neon lights reflected off the calm sea water while the double-decker suspension bridge reached across the bay. Cars were zooming over it but all I could hear was the gentle ebb and flow of the sea water on the shore.

The calming atmosphere of the beach is contrasted by the hustle and bustle of the bars and night life scene on the street opposite to the sandy shore. Fireworks were being sold and lit in the distance and loud dance music was blaring from the club 8 stories up in the nearest high-rise. This was the scene every night at this downtown asian beach.

During the day in the summer months the beach was packed, shoulder to shoulder with Korean beach goers. These people loved to sit on the sand...not as I do though...but in their jeans, high heels and tops. They seemed to be afraid to go into the water, only going in calf deep with their pant legs rolled up. Needless to say I was stared at constantly, not only for being a foreigner but also for using the beach and water as it was meant - for swimming and sun-bathing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb