Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
August 1st 2015
Published: October 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We woke up at 6 in the morning to go to the airport. Were were now leaving Indonesia. But to get to Miami we first had to go to Singapore. So, we had a day in Singapore. When we go to the Indonesia airport, we had breakfast. Then in a rush wen to the airplane almost missing our flight. It was about an hour flight to Singapore. When we arrived in Singapore, we dropped of all of our bags except one of them that we were taking around the city. We took a taxi to a Maxwell hawker market to have lunch. The last time I was in Singapore I did not like this market because I was dead tired, but today I wasn't. I had veggie roles, some type of meat and rice, and cabbage.



After that we went to a buddhist temple. The amazing thing was that it had Buddhas real tooth. There were four floors. The first floor had a huge statue of Buddha. On the second floor there were small different Buddhas. There was also stories of Buddha of what he did before he became Buddha. The on the third floor was finally the tooth relic. It was hard to see though. I got a bracelet that had symbols of Singapore. Next we went to the 4th floor. On that floor was a rooftop garden. There was a little shelter with a huge wheel of prayers. Then we went to our next temple. It was not open yet it would would only take 15 minutes. Si we did a little shopping. I got a little jade buddha and Ania go a jade necklace too.Finally, the temple opened. It wasn't that interesting though.





Then we went to a perfume store and Ania bought a Singapore perfume. We walked around a little and saw a henna store. Since my henna lasted only 4 days, I got a new one. It took so fast but it turned out perfect. Next we went to another hindu temple. It was AWESOME! It was so colorful. And at the back of the temple was Kali. She was a goddess and it showed it her eating someone else intestines. She was good person but anyone who came her way she killed. We actually were given food. It was chickpeas and two kind of rices, sweet and
My Favorite Hindu Goddess - KaliMy Favorite Hindu Goddess - KaliMy Favorite Hindu Goddess - Kali

Sri Veeramakaliamman TEmple
spicy.



We finally went to dinner. At our dinner place there were challenges. If you had a level 3 dish you could put your name on a pin and hang it on the wall in the restaurant. I ate it all and they said i was the youngest one to eat it. After that we went to the airport to go to Moscow and then to Houston.



In Houston, we had a 6 hours so we went out to lunch at Pappas with Ania's friends from Houston. The food was delicious. We stayed at the Admirals Club for a few hours and then finally we went back home.

My top experiences on this trip were (not in order):

1. Seeing Orangutans in Borneo

2. Village Tours by Horse Tuk Tuk

3. Buddha Tooth Relic Temple in Singapore

4. Cooking Class in Ubud

5. Staying on the boat in Borneo

6. Spicy Food Challenge in Singapore

7. the FOOD everywhere

8. Blindfolded walking between Banyan trees in Yogyikarta

9. Almost getting eaten by a macaque (even though it was scary, it was experience I will never forget).

10. The beach in Bali (Seminyak)



My next big trip is France and Spain for Spring Break with friends. I am especially looking forward to seeing Barcelona Stadium. Unfortunately, it will not add any new countries to my list (65) but I am looking forward to going back to those two countries.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Super Hot FoodSuper Hot Food
Super Hot Food

Lagnaa Barefoot Dining
Sifr AromaticsSifr Aromatics
Sifr Aromatics

Kampong Glam
Ania Buying PerfumeAnia Buying Perfume
Ania Buying Perfume

Sifr Aromatics


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb