Last day - last blog


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Singapore Harbour
July 20th 2015
Published: July 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our last day and we are worn out.

The Singapore heat and humidy is taxing which adds to our tiredness.

We grab a cab to have a look around Sentosa Island.

If we were at the start of our journey, there would be plenty to do on Sentosa, but we have run out of enthusiasm so end up just strolling the island to discover Universal studios, Mini Zip line, Sand castle art, Indoor flying, Sea world and a wave pool.

We do however catch the cable car as it's pretty easy sitting and enjoying the view.

On the taxi ride home, we discover many blocked roads as the buses have brought hundreds of people in for a full dress rehersal of the 9th August 50th celebration of their national day.

Blocked from our hotel, we opt to walk along the harbour to reach home and discover many locals setting up cameras and saving front row positions for the nights activities.

It is here we learn that a dress rehearsal includes the airforce flyovers, the army tanks and the navy chinooks then finishing with fireworks. Lucky us to have this on our last night, so it's in for a quick shower and over to join the festivities.

The show was great with the city skyline as a back drop we watched about 20 F18 jets fly in a formation to show the number 50, followed by another six blasting all over the place with ground shaking force.

With night falling, it was a short wait for the fireworks display, equal to most New Year's Eve displays they were a sight up close.

They will repeat this full dress rehearsal every Saturday until their National day.

Not satisfied with all that we spend the last few hours up the top of the magnificent Marina Bay building and take in the laser show across the harbour.

A fitting way to end our great journey.

The End.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb