Day 1 - Melbourne to Singapore via Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
October 12th 2013
Published: June 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Rebecca arrived at my house just before 12:30am. As this was the first time we's met we sat and talked for a bit before jumping in the car bound for the airport. We had booked our parking online and parked in the long term carpark and hopped on the bus bound for the international terminal.

We had already checked-in online so just dropped our bags at Airasia drop-off area and went for some early morning McDonalds (2:00am) and a went for a walk before making our way through the doors. I was the one who was explosive tested (as always) and put in the whiz bang full body X-ray machine before making our way through customs and into the duty free shop before discovering the massage chairs.

We put in our $2 in and sat there for our 5mins relaxing. Then it was time to head to the gate and wait to be boarded. It got to 4:00am and before we knew it we were boarded and taking off before our scheduled departure time of 4:25am.

We were served lasagna just after 5:00am which seemed like an odd time but ate it anyway, and it was surprisingly delicious.

Eight hours later we landed in Kuala Lumpur. We passed through and into the transit lounge where we had these amazing wraps to eat and searched through the duty free shops before getting on our flight to Singapore.

We arrived in Singapore just after 3:00pm. We jumped in a cab and had the nicest cab driver possible. He gave us a guided tour on the way in and told us the do's and don'ts of the city.

We arrived at the Carlton Hotel at about 3:30pm where we checked-in, threw our bags in and got changed into some shorts (as it was very warm) and went for a walk down to the mall for some lunch. As the meals had been thrown out we just got some Subway. We had a bit more of a walk around before Dani messaged to say she was here so we made our way back to the hotel to sit by the pool for a bit as it was really hot by this time (compared to home).

We met up with Dani and made our way back to the mall for a look round then down to Luke Mangan's restaurant called 'Salt Tapas and Bar'.

The food was really good. After this we went back to the hotel, spoke to the concierge and booked in our zoo trip for the next morning.

After this, after nearly 48hrs awake it was time for bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.473s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 84; dbt: 0.1613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb