Singapore Flyer, Casino and shopping


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
November 2nd 2012
Published: November 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We had a great time lots of drinking and eating and lots walking in Sinapore. Not the cheapest place but we knew that before went. I could live in Singapore felt very safe and everyone was friendly. High rise apartment living might not be that great. Very free houses with gardens only embassies and the very very richWe're went on the Singapore flyer (wheel) great views. It took 30 mins up and 30 mins down. We did this at night to get another perspective Of Singapore. In our gondola that holds 25 people lucky for us there was only 8 of us. Met a family from Kenya though they were Indian. Very nice and chatty. Not far is the marina Sands which holds apart from lots and lots of shops the casino. The locals have to pay $100 just to go in with their own entrance. Tourist have to take their passports and you go through three checks before you get into the casino! Very bizarre - no alcohol but they could smoke. A huge room with tables everywhere. We lost our $50 and tried to find an ATM. No that was outside and you needed to go through security again - I don't think so! We left. They do this to try and discourage gambling - did it for me!

Our last day we caught the train to Orchard Road to wander and hopefully spend money. I did not find any clothes all too small for me! I did however buy shoes, bag, purse, belts and perfume so not bad! We went through a lot of golf shops! Ken bought some golf shirts (not sure he needed them but....). Orchard Rd was great to wander around very high end shops lots of Rolex, Gucci etc.

Headed home on the Saturday good flight back with Singapore Airlines. Nice to be home but looking forward to the next - roll on BALi!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb