Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
August 26th 2012
Published: September 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This morning after breakfast we walked around Clarke Quay to Boat Quay hoping to pick up a Hop On Hop Off bus tour but after waiting a while the bus ended up driving passed us! very annoying. We didn't want to wait another half hour so headed for the Skypark at Marina Sands. Hopped on the MRT to get there and by the time we got off (20 mins) it was bucketing down. Skypark was closed!! We were not having much luck with our day. Oh well off to the food hall it was where we had a great lunch in the food hall - Very reasonable and yummy. After lunch we headed up to the Skypark but it was quite costly to go up so we decided not to. We wandered around including out onto the Promenade and then headed to Orchard Road. This was a little disappointing as there was so much construction work going on it just wasn't the same. We did, however, find a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf so I could have my Ultimate! By this time we were all getting a bit tired so it was good to have a break. The Ultimate was just as good as always! We ended our day at Raffles where Shelley, Heather and I had a Singapore Sling which was created in the Long Bar in 1915. Back to the hotel it was to get our bags, change for the plane and head to the airport where we had a 11.25pm flight to Manchester. All in all, even though the day didn't go to plan and we didn't see Singapore really we still had fun and lots of laughs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb