Singapore Slinging


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
August 19th 2011
Published: August 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The flight from KL was only 50 minutes but by the time we had checked in to the hotel and got ourselves sorted it was early evening. We decided to get ourselves into town and rode the Singapore flyer – like the London Eye but bigger – which provides amazing views over the city especially of the famous Marina Bay Sands hotel – the one with the boat on top. After dinner we wondered around the marina marvelling at the contemporary buildings and sculptures everywhere.

The next day we awoke to rain but carried on anyway with our plan to go to Sentosa Island which actually turned out to be a good idea as there was hardly anyone there! We took the cable car over and did a couple of 3D movies and the Luge then found ourselves at the MegaZip booking counter. The five of us did the Arial Rope Course, Leap of Faith (free-fall simulator where you have to step of a plank into the air and trust in your harness to bring you safely to the ground) and zipline. Fab day!

In the morning we were picked up by our pre-booked taxi and taken to the
Night view of marinaNight view of marinaNight view of marina

Right on top of f1 circuit
zoo where we were to have breakfast with the orang utans. Breakfast was amazing on its own but when they brought out the orang utans, one clutching a little baby it made it extra special.

We spent the whole day at the zoo and we have to say it’s got to be the best we’ve ever been to, you can watch almost all of the animals being fed at some point in the day.

When we were finished in the Zoo we went next door to the night safari and first watched an animal show before getting on one of the little trams which drove us round showing off all the animals at night. We had been to the same thing in Chiang Mai, Thailand and we felt a little let down by the Singapore version as there were no animals following us round, and you couldn’t feed the giraffes and zebras like you could in Thailand. Singapore does however have a walk around part to the night safari but were all a bit zooed out so gave it a miss and went for a ‘Bongo Burger’ instead.

On our last day in Singapore we headed over to Chinatown to get rid of our Singapore dollars at the market then made our way to the famous Raffles Hotel for a Singapore Sling at the Long Bar. We made our way to the airport after a late lunch and ended our Singapore part of the trip by watching the sun go down over the runway from the airports outside rooftop bar.

Deb & Ang



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 19; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb