Merlions and Hawker Centers


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 7th 2011
Published: June 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We just completed our first two days in Singapore. It's been a great time so far with Karin and her family. Yesterday we arrived at 6 am and went to Silvia E.E.'s apartment to relax before we went out to hit the town. She has great views of a nice neighborhood from her rooftop terrace. Hopefully i can post some pictures later this week. We went to meet up with Karin's brother, Christian, and his wife. Then we went to meet Karin's uncle, grandpa and great aunt. We had some good Thai food for lunch and walked around town for a bit. Jet lag caught up with me around 3 o'clock and I was only able to power through til about 7 last night. Got a good 12 hours sleep and we hit the city all day today.

I was promised suffocating heat and humidity, but the weather has been really nice. I barely broke a sweat by the end of the day today, and we haven't seen much rain yet.

Today, we went Suntec city, a large mall, and caught a double decker tourist bus to the the Singapore Flyer, the world's largest ferris wheel. It had great views of the city and you could even see Indonesia and Malaysia in the distance. After that we went the Botanic Gardens and walked through a small rainforest section and the national orchid garden. I loved walking about and looking at nature. We finished the day by eating at Lau Pa Sat, a very good hawker center. Had some tasty Satay, and stingray.

Well, tomorrow we're going to Sentosa Island to hit the beach, and maybe a casino or a theme park. Can't wait to post some pictures. Good night for now



Josh


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb