Take Off


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
May 26th 2009
Published: July 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Oscar & LorenzaOscar & LorenzaOscar & Lorenza

Sentosa Island
Long distance air travel is a necessary evil for Australians wanting to travel anywhere (including parts of our own country). The highlights of our flight to Singapore included ... crying babies (note the plural), a young German girl who fainted before our eyes, and expert treatment for the feinted girl from the cabin crew.

Our taxi driver from Changi Airport to the hotel told us, among many other things, that he was a victim of the global financial crisis and had recently lost his job in the finance industry. He did not seem bitter at all, in fact he surprised me how positive he was and seemed to accept the twists and turns of life in a very matter of fact way (perhaps a yogi?). He also knew his stuff about Singapore and gave us a great rundown on the city and some tips on some good places to eat.

Our short time in Singapore was fun, even though it was very humid. We took a look at Sentosa Island and Chinatown. Friendly helpful people! David, in a asian relics shop, was very informative on the subject of peoples personal auras. He seemed to think we were very positive people. He was fun to talk to and it worked in a positive way on us when we spent a reasonable amount of money in his shop on an antique Chinese lacquered jar - a nice p jar indeed!

We had a great dinner at the Red Rose restaurant, suggested to us by our taxi driver. Great food, great price and he was right, we were the only westerners in the place. Well worth the trip to the 7th floor of a non-descript building close to China town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Fumigating mosquitos?Fumigating mosquitos?
Fumigating mosquitos?

Sentosa Island
ConstructionConstruction
Construction

construction work for new casino


Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 32; qc: 134; dbt: 0.1115s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb