Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 14th 2008
Published: April 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So this is going to be a really short entry as we only paid a flying visit to Singapore. We flew from Perth to Singapore last Friday and just spent 2 days in the city. It was definitely a bit of a change from Australia, especially the sparsely populated state of WA.

Singapore is a strange city with so many different cultures living side by side. It's a real mix of east and west.

The evening we arived we took a stroll around little India and the area north of the river. Little India was cool- very alive.

The following day we spent wandering around China town, the CBD and the shopping district of Orchard road. The shopping seemed really good- could spend lots of money here if you wanted. That night we went to the night safari at Singapore zoo. It was brilliant and really made the stop in Singapore worthwhile. We saw animals that I guess we'll never get to see in the wild as so many of them are endangered species. That said I'm not convinced I would like to meet some of them in the wild either!!

After the night safari we spent a couple of hours wandering around Clarke Quay and Boat Quay- another area of the city that was very much buzzing although completely different to Chinatown and Little India. It really is like a whole lot of little countries in one here.

That was all we saw of Singapore but what we did see we really liked.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Raffle's Hotel, SingaporeRaffle's Hotel, Singapore
Raffle's Hotel, Singapore

Much more impressive than parliament house!!


Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1143s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb