Easing in to Asia


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 24th 2005
Published: October 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post


Singapore: Sept. 24-30

Singapore is a beautiful city with state-of-the-art architecture, the best of the Western world and Eastern world and a wonderful multicultural mix. Due to the diversity of the people, English is the language chosen to communicate among themselves making it incredibly easy to travel in. The city is incredibly clean due to strict littering laws and you’ve never wanted to chew gum more than where they cane you for doing so. Between getting over jet lag which hits you harder than you would think, especially Zachary who doesn’t quite grasp the concept of time yet and keeps waking up at 4 am, and the airline losing our stroller and my backpack (luckily full of dirty laundry), we spent our week there touring the cultural centres of the city – Little India, Chinatown, Arab town and the Malaysian quarters where we stayed. We ate great Chinese food and cheap sushi and visited Singapore’s endless malls where you an buy anything and everything cheaply. This country is truly a shopper’s paradise, you can pratically travel the whole city without leaving the underground corridors of the mall.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb