First stop... Singapore!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
October 12th 2005
Published: November 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well we are here in Singapore. We have been here for 2 days and seen quite a lot. Our fist day seemed to last for about 3 days, because of the long flights and we seemed to do so much. Singapore is clean, safe and incredibly easy to get around. We have been catching the MRT which is the train system. It is brilliant, the best I have used anywhere. You are never waiting more than 5 minutes for a train and the ticketing system is awesome.

We have been to all the major sights. Raffles, Harbour Front, Sentosa Island, China Town and Little India. The market at Little India was great, so full of colour and interesting shop owners. We also took a trip out to Changi Prison Museum. We tried to see the original entrance to the prison but we were stopped by security.

We have been in food heaven! Our first meal was duck and a beer for breakfast. It sounds strange but we had been up for quite a while and the heat was well relived with a cool refreshing Tiger Beer. The beer it self is rather nice but I think in this heat, anything would go down good.

The people here are a wide mix of all Asian races, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and many Indians. They are mostly rather very friendly. Westerners are rarely seen except in the big tourist areas, but even then doesn't seem to be an overwhelming amount of them.

Tommorrow morning we catch our flight to Siem Reap in Cambodia. We are really looking forward to getting there but it will be a huge change as far as the surroundings. I have been rather impressed with Singapore but am ready to move on.

Everyone take care and leave a comment so I know people are reading these things. PEACE


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Rohan and I on MerlionRohan and I on Merlion
Rohan and I on Merlion

The view was not to shabby
RelaxingRelaxing
Relaxing

Me kicking back on Sentosa Island
PeacockPeacock
Peacock

This bloody thing kept following me around before it got interested in left over food.
Boat QuayBoat Quay
Boat Quay

The Singapore Quay where we had dinner
Little IndiaLittle India
Little India

The colour was almost overwhelming


12th October 2005

Glad to hear you are having a great time. Take care.
13th October 2005

Glad to hear you're having a good time, I'm envious bro keep up the entries.
13th October 2005

WHAT ABOUT THE PENS
CAMQUARTER!!!!!!!!!! HOBBIT FRODO!!!! fuck we miss u guys, i miss the big novalty hand and the sad jokes, come back soon

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb