Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
December 9th 2007
Published: December 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Singapore was AMAZING!!! We only spent 3 days there and wish we had spent longer...it is probably a good thing though as we may have had to cut our travels short and come home early with all the shopping you can do out there!! Between the 2 of us we brought 12 pairs of shoes and 12 bags in total..most of which for those who dont know we did send home as even by our standards it was a bit excessive to go travelling with!! They were in fact all very cheap though...posting them back was more than 3 pairs!! I have had to take pictures of them all so that i can remember what they look like and get excited about coming home to be rerunited with them all...obviously i cant wait to see you mummy and daddy too but i may need a few hours with the shoes as well!! hehe!!

There is so much more to do and see in singapore than just the shopping though...we went to Sentosa Island one day which is a small island that you need to take a cable car too. Very scary!! Its just a huge theme park with lots of different tourist attractions! We went to the Underwrold Discover centre to see the sea life...much more impressive than the Blue Reef Aquairum in Tynemouth!! And then too see a Pink Dolphin show! They were very cute but unfortunatly we didnt get picked to go in and swim with them! There was so much more to do and see but again in was just trying to fit it all in as we had a date with the man that sells the best pizza in the workld that evening!!

We have been very lucky and the hotels/B+Bs/wooden shacks (!!) that we have booked so far as we have managed to somehow book into the hot spots of the area. The same was in Singapore we stayed in a place called Clarke Quay which is on the river with some beautiful views. The first night we ate at a Pizzeria and they were AMAZING! Being the usual us we didnt make it easy and picked bits off each pizza and made our own slightly stange combination but the waiters were all so friendly...the best service i think i have ever had at a restaurant...on the promise we would come back we had to really...and we did only to get spoilt even more with free ice cream, creme brulees and drinks! Both nights all we ordered was one pizza to share and a bottle of wine so we werent even spending loads!! I even got given the smallest bottle of tobbasco sauce in the world that i was allowed to keep! Its so cute!

All in all we had a brilliant time..even the man in the seven 11 tret us like royalty! The airport is massive and kept us entertained for a whole 8 hours..there were more shops there too!! Would definatly go back...maybe next year???!!!

Love and hugs Sarah-Jane and Kellie xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Photo 8Photo 8
Photo 8

Pink Dolphins
Photo 9Photo 9
Photo 9

Smallest bottled of Tobasco EVER!!
Photo 10Photo 10
Photo 10

Mr Chandra - the manager from the nice restaurant


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb