Edit Blog Post
Published: August 6th 2007
Sentosa Island, Singapore
I had my first taste of Singaporean Sling onboard a flight to Singapore. It only took a couple of sips of such strong cocktail to hit me. Honestly, I am not a drinker, so why the heck I ordered it instead of the usual fruit juice and diet coke ???....it beats me….I’ve read it on the internet that it’s a must-try drink…I guess I’m just trying to be more adventurous and open to new things.
Singapore is a nice small developed country. It is very clean, organized and well maintained. Singapore’s geographical location made it a great transportation hub for international trade.
The Singapore’s Changi Airport is one of the best airports in the world. It has many international links serving 180 countries. It established itself as a major world-class aviation hub in Asia Pacific region. It is massive and very impressive needless to say. You can make a day-out at the airport and enjoy its remarkable facilities and services. There are plenty of rest areas where passengers can take a nap and relax on the reclining/massage chairs, surf the internet for free, play xbox games, unwind in the bamboo/orchid garden or simply watch sports/movies in the lounge area.
We pretty much covered almost everything to see and do within our 4-day stopover holiday to Singapore. We did all the cheesy things that tourists do from:
1) Citysights Tour
2) Singapore River cruise
3) Sentosa Island
- went on the Skyride and Luge Ride
- went to the top of 37m Merlion
- watched Musical Fountain & Laser show
- went to Underwater world
- watched the Dolphin Show
- went inside the Butterfly Park & Insects World
- went to Palawan & Siloso Beach
- Birds Encounter
- held an Albino Python
4) Went to Night Safari - the night ambience is truly AMAZING !
5) Walked along Orchard Rd - Singapore Shopping Nexus
6) Quick stopover at the Botanical Garden
7) Visit to Asian Civilization Meseum
8) Danced with the Singaporean kids around the Fountain of Wealth
9) Shopping Therapy
10) And last but not the least -gratified our hunger for cheap but nice Singaporean food.
Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 22; qc: 117; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:saturn w:www (126.96.36.199); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.6mb