We made it.


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 11th 2007
Published: February 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sorry folks that we have not contacted you earlier but have had terrible time with our mobile connection. Have left a message with Aunty Di this morning. Sorry Kristiaan. It is now 6.30 in the morning and already we are running around without our jackets on and are in shorts and tshirts. Weel after take off on Saturday and Endel scraping Barb down form the ceiling of the plane we had a wonderful flight over arriving at the hotel at approx 5.30pm. Yesterday we spent the morning at a gold factory looking at the most beautiful (and sometimes garish) jewellery. We then spent most of the afternoon on the 'Hop on, Hop off bus' (Yes that is what it is called) which is like our Melbourne tram that circles the city. We had lunch at Hooters where Lyndal could have got a job earning $1600.00 as well other extras, bonuses? Not sure what they meant! We thought we might sample their entrees called 'tit bits' but we resisted. The gardens are beautiful here. The city is well ordered and very clean. (Except the rivers. Gives poor old Yarra a good name) Singapore is only 29klms from N to S and 15 klms from E to W. Population is 5000 per sq klm. So, as you can imagine there are a lot of high rise buildings. Last night we went to the night safari which was fantastic. We were herded from our bus onto trams to take us around the zoo and watch the night animals. There were a lot of people there and waiting in line was stifling. After the tram we went to an auditorium ( More waiting in line with lots of people) to watch the animal show. This show included animals such as hyenas, a barn owl and various entertainers. They asked the audience if we could see any of the animals near our feet. (It was quite dark) With people squealing false alarms and some play acting by the keepers they finally moved to the row to our left, asked some people to move, lifted a lid under their feet but to no avail. The keepers then moved to OUR row and asked some people to lift their feet. First trapdoor revealed the first part of a large Malaysian python, the second (Which was under Lyndals feet) revealed the rest of the snake. Well Lyndal moved SO fast leaving behind her bag. She was out of there! The look on Lyndals face was priceless. By the way the snakes name was Maggie and she was beautiful. We arrived home tired but had had a lovely day. Today we are off to Julong Bird Sanctuary and tonight we are going to Sentosa Island. The people are very friendly and cannot help us enough. If you stand still too long int the foyer someone will ask you if they can assist you in any way. Everything works like clockwork and I guess it has to with so many people here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb