Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Singapore Zoo
May 23rd 2008
Published: May 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today started yesterday with an early start, and uneventful flight from Barcelona, passing over geography that barely registers in my mental atlas - Georgia and Turmenistan, the Caspian and Black seas etc. Arrived a bit tired as the sleeping pill that we took didn't work until we were 3 or 4 hours out. Since we have been here we have been using the amazingly efficient MRT system - underground and buses. We have spent our time with animals - firstly at Joorong bird park which has some amazing birds - all in natural settings. Masses of pink flamingoes and Pelicans, numbers of parrots and lorakeets. Cranes and storks and toucans and cassowaries. Birds of all sizes and shapes and colours, and birds of prey. Then on to the Night Safari which included a number of nocturnal animals, which we could see because they had lighting on them like a strong full moon. The lions were active and roaring. There was a huge bull elephant with tusks that were so big they crossed over, leopards wandering around and a large range of other animals. Eventually arrived back at the hotel at midnight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb