Goodbye Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Singapore Harbour
March 23rd 2015
Published: March 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

We bid a fond farewell to Singapore tonight! It was a wonderful introduction to our Asian portion of the cruise. The country is in mourning as their First Prime Minister died today; he was 91 years old and had brought Singapore from an undeveloped country beautiful, modern, clean and safe place, not to mention financial and shipping hub.

We toured with a group from the ship today to the river for a short boat cruise along the historic area followed by a trishaw ride through the India section of town. A stop at the infamous Raffles hotel was next for our Singapore Sling and back to the ship.

Cable cars span over the ship to Sentosa Island where Universal Studios has a complex and to Haber Mountain. We just rode the cable car over to Sentosa, had a bite to eat and came back. A bird's eye view of the ship was had! Jerry decided to have a hot dog while I had spring rolls! What is wrong with that picture?

Departure was scheduled for 6:00PM but it never happened until 9:00PM and we were in bed by then. They had a band set up on the deck
Trishaw Trishaw Trishaw

Our driver was rather sweaty after cycling us!
for the festivities but it turned out to be a quiet send off. We don't know the reason... late passengers? Singapore authorities? Doesn't matter- we are on the sea on our way next to Thailand.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Oceania Insignia Oceania Insignia
Oceania Insignia

Bird's Eye view from the cable cars
Sentosa IslandSentosa Island
Sentosa Island

View of our ship on right and Sentosa Island below.


24th March 2015

Singapore Slings
Nothing like having a Singapore Sling in Singapore! Love Raffles Hotel

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb