Vivo City- Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Singapore Harbour
April 28th 2012
Published: May 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

There are shopping malls.. and then there is Vivo city. The largest shopping mall in Singapore this 6 story shopping paradise offers shoppers a paradise of shopping choices. All of the great selections from Guess, H &M, Monsoon, Giant and high end stores. Vivo is a full day shopping experience.

The first time I visited Vivo was in 2008. There was a section of the mall which had stalls and vendor shopping, similar to MBK in Bangkok. On my latest trip, this year, I was excited to see this familiar place and all the wonderful shops that it housed. Like all major booming cities, Singapore is ever evolving, changing at it continues to blossom. The stalls that once housed some of the cheaper options have since gone. Instead there are gleaming tiled floors that lead into a variety of North American, Japanese, English and European shops.

One great store to check out is Giant department store. There is a full grocery store in the basement and a full fledged department store on the second floor. It’s a great store to visit to get a good sense of how Singaporeans’ live.

While you are there also take advantage of one of the many restaurants’ and dessert shops. Asians love their desserts. Ice cream, brownies, cakes, cookies, pies, cream puffs, donuts, sundaes, etc.. Chocolate to die for. Give one of them a try, you may need to in the heat.

One key place to visit at Vivo city is the Food Republic food hall. This area has a nostalgic feel to it, supposed to be reminiscent of Singapore in the 1900’s. Almost like Lau Pat. The food is great. I had the fried fish soup, a wonderful soup with crispy deep fried fish. A must try. Also try Singapore’s famous chicken rice, a wonderful staple.

The outside of Vivo is also worth a visit. As you continue to go make your way up the various floors you can visit the promenade section. There is a beautiful outdoor area that has a board walk and funky architecture. You can look across to see Sentosa island. It’s a wonderful spot to have an ice cream of drink and take a moment to absorb it all. From the outside Vivo has a fun and vibrant look. Wavy white architecture with oval holes. It makes you feel like you’re in an aquarium.

If you take the subway, get off at Harbourfront station. The MRT exits into the mall.

I love Vivo city. If you are in Singapore, this is a great place to spend the day. If you are on a tight timeline, combine your trip with Sentosa island and the cable car ride.

http://www.vivocity.com.sg/home3.html

http://foodrepublic.com.sg/stores/vivo-city


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb