Singapore the most amazing weekend!! Xxx


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Raffles Marina
December 11th 2013
Published: December 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We have just had the most amazing weekend in Singapore with Hanisha I'm so so glad we added this into our trip I think it's been one of our favourite parts so far!! We landed really early Friday morning and headed straight to Hanisha's apartment which is just unreal!! It's the 40th floor of a building and the view is like something on a postcard you can even see Indonesia and Malaysia from her balcony!! The only mad part being both her and MK can see their office buildings too lol. We got to meet the famous Raphael too, their cat! As most of you know I am scared of cats but me and Raphy hit it off straight away lol he even got on the sofa next to me cuddling me and I wasn't even scared! So that was a relief ha. As it was a Friday Hanisha had work so she met us and settled us in and we set off to Universal Studios for the day. It was so much fun, we felt like 2 big kids queuing up for rides taking pictures getting all excited!! It was t massive there but perfect for us to spend the day there. We went on the Transformers ride, The Mummy, Shrek, Madagascar and Jurrasic Park!!! I definitely think Transformers was our favourite with Brad making us go in twice! It was the most surreal ride all 3D at one point feeling like we were falling down the side of a sky scraper building. Definitely a day I'd recommend to anyone visiting Singapore. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe for a lunch too I had a pulled pork sandwich and Brad had a burger which was so yummy. We got back feeling pretty shattered from being up since half 4 so chilled out and got ready for Hanisha coming home from work to go out for the evening. It was great having her as a host and guide as she took us to the places we would never have even thought about going to. Friday night she took us for some street food we were still pretty full from our lunch so just had some chicken satay and beef and prawns it was delicious and as Singapore is freakishly clean there wasn't worry in what we were eating. Unfortunately MK was away for the weekend but their friend Saga met us for the evening. After dinner we took a walk around the city where Hanisha showed us some of the sights. The city is beautiful and the sky line is amazing, we found a hotel we love too called The Fullerton and Brad had some cake in there while we all rested our feet from the walking. It was great to have Hanisha telling us little things along the way even showing us where all the streets were shut off for the Formula 1 out there, the only night F1 there is and we can imagine how exciting it must be there. En route back to the apartment we went to Club Street, basically a street full of bars which is the place to be on a Friday night. Apparently in Singapore each night there's a place to be, not like in London where it's busy everywhere. A specific area is busy each night and Friday night is Club Street night. By this time we were exhausted but had a drink on a roof top bar before we headed back home. It was gorgeous like a secret garden but it was so busy the atmosphere was buzzing and we loved it!! It's crazy though there are so many westerners in Singapore we felt like we could have been out after work in London somewhere. It was a great night though a brilliant way to start our weekend.

Day 2 we had a bit of a lie in and after brad playing with Raphy for ages (his new best friend) we all got up and headed to a local Chinese restaurant in china town, somewhere Hanisha goes with her friends and not necessarily a place a tourist would know about. It was great a small place but amazing food. It was soooo spicy but full of flavour we ordered a chicken dish and pork dish with rice washed down with a rice beer, the typical Chinese style of beer. I definitely preferred the pork dish, the chicken was literally setting my mouth on fire! It was great though. After lunch we walked around China Town and went to a Chinese desert cafe where they only served the typical Chinese deserts. We ordered snow ice, a bit like ice cream I was boring and safe and had mango and strawberry but Brad went all out and ordered sweetcorn and Hanisha ordered durian. Now what can I say about durian, it's a traditional fruit in Singapore and it STINKS!!!! It's even illegal to open the fruit on public transport!!! Hanisha went for it though and the reaction said it all lol her plate was the other side of the table before we knew it. She made us try it though and I can confirm first hand it was gross, Brad had a big mouthful and could taste it all day lol. We also had a mango dish in ice and mashed up a bit which was really good. The sweetcorn was ok but we all decided the safe mango and strawberry bet was the best haha. We carried on through China Town and Hanisha got us a present of our names written in Chinese with the animal for the year we are born underneath. Something we will always keep and another item to add to our collection for when we are home :-)

After China Towm we went to the biggest mall in Singapore, yes girls you can imagine how happy I was lol. Only thing is not working makes it worse because you can't justify spending the money!! It was great to get a look around some shops though, even Topshop!! We didn't stay there long as I don't think Brad was too impressed so we headed to the apartment to get tardy for our evening. It was 8pm before we knew it and had had an amazing day out. We still had the evening though so chilled for a bit to revitalise ourselves before going for dinner and clubbing. We went to Iguana for dinner a Mexican restaurant that was yet again really good. We all shared nachos and then me and brad shared fajitas which I could hardly eat, I was too full!! We left the restaurant and walked to get a taxi through this really cool like mini village full of bars and restaurants. It was wicked, there was a bit waterfall in the middle and loads of buzzing bars with lots of live bands definitely somewhere we will go to when we go back to Singapore. We got the taxi to the club which was at the top of the most amazing building I've ever seen. Three towers next to each other with a boat shaped building across the the top! It's such an amazing building and was so exciting to be at the top of it, once up I can honestly say I've never seen a sky line like it, I think it even beats New York and you all know how much I love it there. We stood at an outside table for a good hour just soaking it all in making the most of the view. Me and Hanisha were already planning our next night there lol. We headed inside and carried on our night it was packed in there but a wicked atmosphere everyone dancing and just generally happy not one bit of trouble like you can get at home. Hanisha leant me some killer heels so I ended up dancing bare feet ha but the whole night was amazing we loved every bit of it and will definitely go back. Next to the club you can see the hotel too which has an infinity pool it looked unreal!!! And both of us being us said we'd love to stay there one night but I can imagine it being very expensive!!! The one thing about Singapore is it is expensive nothing is cheap and most people living there earn good money so of you want to head there for a weekend or so make sure you've got the money to spend guys!! We finished out night about 3am and headed home, me and brad ended up watching a film so stayed up till about half 4 so had a good lie in Sunday morning!! When we both eventually rose we headed out just the 2 of us leaving Hanisha to have some peace hehe. We headed to the acquirium which is the biggest acquirium in Asia, but it was closed!! So we had a walk around the mall and then headed to Orchard Street, a very touristy part of the city. It's basically a street full of shops and massive shopping malls a but like our Oxford Street I guess but it had all the designer shops along it too, heaven girls!!! I will be heading back when I'm earning some money again lol. We walked for ages and before we knew it it was 9pm so we found somewhere for dinner and then went home to chill with Hanisha for a bit.

Before we knew it it was Monday morning and we were heading back to Kuala Lumpur. We had time to head out for a walk and get Hanisha a little thank you present and then she met us from work for half hour and we were off!! It was actually emotional saying goodbye again as we'd had such an amazing weekend with her but we can't wait to see her again and Raphy!! And next time MK too we've already planned a possible trip in July and there's so much to go back and see!! So, yes it was a weekend to remember and one of our favourite parts of our trips with some great memories to take with us so thank you so much Hanisha we can't wait to come back and look forward to hosting you and MK in London.

Lots of love B&K xxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



11th December 2013
image

Singapore
So many lovely places to see.

Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0833s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb