Day Thirteen - Kampong Glam and Little India, Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Raffles Marina
October 13th 2012
Published: May 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast in the Pacific Club we caught a cab to Kampong Glam in Singapore. I had seen on Samantha Brown's Singapore show how you could get perfume made, so I was heading straight there. The store was named Jamal Kazura Aromatics. It was a beautiful shop where you could choose from all types of Middle Eastern oil based perfumes or have one made to suit. You could also purchase divine crystal bottles to store the scents in. We both purchased a couple of different scents and I bought a lovely bottle for my jasmine perfume.

We then spent an hour or so wandering around the area, before heading to Little India for a bit of a look around. I found Little India fairly disappointing, it seemed extremely dirty and tacky, but possibly we were in the wrong part.


We headed back to the hotel to spend some time relaxing in the pool, before heading out to Marina Bay Sands to see the amazing laser light show.

After that we caught another cheap taxi to Robertson's Quay where we had dinner by the river and wandered around for a bit before taxiing back to the Pan Pacific.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb