Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Raffles Marina
February 29th 2012
Published: February 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone



We arrived bright and early in Singapore, we got to our hotel at about 8am so we had plenty of time before check-in. We decided to attempt to use the bus for the first time. We soon found the route and waited for the bus, once the bus had turned up the driver didn't really understand where we wanted to go, plus we did't have any small change so got on the bus for free, result.



Once in the main city area we located the hop-on-hop-off bus tour and set-off for a very hot bus ride around the city. Our first stop was the Singapore Flyer, like the London Eye but bigger. From here we got to see parts of the grand prix track, Marina Bay Sands Hotel and Shopping Centre, more on that later, and all the high-rise office buildings. The next stop on our mini tour was the City gardens, here we got to go on a trial of evolution through the trees, but as it was around 33 degree C, we didn't last long. So we hopped back on to the bus, and of course headed to the main shopping district. We soon realised that we weren't going to be buying many clothes as all the stores where designer stores. After walking in the heat for too long, our air-con room was calling. Once refresed we heading out for some food, and got to see Signapore at night, which looks better that in the day.



The following day we heading to the island of Sentosa. The island is to the far south of Singapore, to get here we got onto a cable car for the short journey. The island has many activities, and lovely golden beaches. Our firsat activity was a luge ride down a small track, a luge is part go-kart part plastic tray. After this we headed to the Underwaterworld Aquarium, here we got to see a Dolphine and Seal show, and walk through a tunnelled aquarium. The next activity on our list was to visit the Merlion, which is the Singapore's National Mascot statue. We finished the afternoon by lazing on the beach, before we had to head back to get the coach for our night safari.

We had booked a tour for the night safari and soon found out that it wasn't a good idea. However the safari was a bizarre and an amazing experince and one not to forget. We got to see, lions, hippos, elephant, mouse deer, rhino, leopard and many more on the comfort of our small tram, this made us feel like we where in the Jurassic park film.

Our third day in Singapore was one of the best. We checked into the Marina Bay Sands Hotel at around 11am and from then on we sat by the highest infinity pool in the world for the day. The hotel was amazing and one I doubt we will top, after a long day by the pool we soon realised that our factor 15 wasn't strong enough and had burnt ourselves from head-to-toe, literally! Not really surprising as we where 55 floors up and it was 34 degrees c.

This was a nice way to end Singapore and start New Zealand. Unfortuntly we had a 23hr journey ahead of us with a short 5hr sleep at Brisbane airport.

Lots of love

xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb