The Perhentian Islands...


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Raffles Marina
July 5th 2011
Published: July 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi everybody,

Thought I would add a small quick blog and say hi...Got back to Singapore this morning from the Perhentian Islands, had the best time ever...!!!

My journey there on Wednesday took about 5 hours from the Cameron highlands. Met a scottish girl called Kirsty on the boat and we found some where to stay after wandering around a few places. Was a nice dorm, really cold air con, and the weather has been boiling for the whole time I have been there. I'm totally black and have been asked if I have hispian relatives as nobody thinks i'm english, haha...The Island is so small, really not built up at all and the main bars are just 2 gazebo's on the beach, haha! Anyway, spent the first afternoon on the beach and then got some food with Kirsty and had a beer and we met a guy from New Zeland. There are 2 beaches, Coral Bay and Long Beach, ours (Long Beach) is the best as is golden sand and bigger, funnily enough, hence the name! I got an early night as was totally knackered as had been up early traveling and the jungle walk for 3 days...

Next day also spent on the beach reading and went snorkeling on a 2 hour trip. I saw sharks, about 5 of them and also some turtles, was amazing and the water was so so so clear. Warany you would have loved this place for your fish fetish. Our Instructor was a nutter and was picking up jellyfish and all sorts and me him and some guys were diving right down to the scuba divers and waving at them, was pretty funny...at night similar scenario, got food and had another early night as was well tired...

On Friday spent the day on the beach. On Friday night was the DJ's birthday and there was a party on the beach, was well good fun. There were fireworks, music, free food e.t.c and the whole Island must of been there, probably about 300 people. I ended up speaking and spending time with the French girl Amandine most of the night as she had arrived that afternoon with her friends...She is so so nice and was the start of a holiday romance...!

On Saturday I spent the day on the beach chilling, as was a very late night. Couldn't sleep as it was so hot on the beach, so just relaxed and did nothing all day. All of the french I had met had got up and gone snorkeling, which I could not believe, as we had all had late nights. We both had tried to stay up and watch the sun come up, but just went to bed as were falling asleep on the beach... I spent the day chatting to some Canadian girls and an English guy, as couldn't be bothered to read. That evening had a chilled night and met 2 guys Christoph and Olivie who I had met on the Cameron Highlands for a beer and I had also arranged to meet Amandine after she had been out for dinner. We all just relaxed at the beach bar, watching people party and then the monsoon came...That was quite funny as everybody and all the speakers were crowded under the tiny gazebo...When the rain stopped we decided to call it a night...

On Sunday I moved rooms into a beach hut, as the dorm was doing my head in as I kept getting woken up all night by people taking at full volume! Spent the day on the beach again chilling reading and chatting to my french friends. In the evening was all our last night, so we walked over to the other beach Coral bay and had dinner. There was some other French people in the French peoples hostel, me and an english guy, was really good fun. All 11 of us sat eating and drinking for about 3 hours and then walked back over to where we were staying on long beach to the bars for the evening. I had bbq Shark and Baracuda, was really nice food. Had a really really good night, but was also really sad as my last night with them! Next day we woke up and chilled on the beach. Amandine's friends were getting the boat from coral bay, but we stayed on long beach got some food and got the boat from there and met them on the mainland. We all got the bus to Jetah bus station and got our bus tickets, they were off to some other Islands for the rest of their holiday in Malaysia, I was off to Singapore...We killed the 3 hours waiting time by wandering around the markets and chatting. We got some food and had some juices. I have been trying to speak as much french as possible, but am going to have to do some serious brushing up now...! Mum get my texts books down from the loft! We went back and sat on the bus station for an hour, at 9:30 our buses came and we all said goodbye and Bon Voyage...not good I was pretty guted after they left...

Slept the entire journey and woke up this morning at the Singapore border, got through and came to the hostel, had another hours kip and have been boshing the free tea...! mmm, miss it apart from the stuff out the Alstom Coffee machine, haha...Spent today chilling and mostly on the internet...

Off to Oz tomorrow, should be good, meeting up with Adam's brother Pete on Thursday as he is in Sydney, that will be quality. Moving up the coast for 5 weeks, staying with Coley in Brisbane and hopefully Kerry Church if she is there. Then up to Cairns along the barrier reef, then New Zeland, Fiji and home via LA...! Might try and sneak on a plane from LA to the south of France, haha...!

Proper guted to be leaving Asia, its the most amazing place I have ever visited, there are so so so many fantastic cheap places it truly is unbelievable...I have had such a awesome time so far, still can't quite believe it...!

Hope everybody good, Hi to everybody at work if reading this, not sure who is as can't see...!

Speak Soon

Luke x x x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb