SG50 Weekend: The National Orchid Garden (Jul 2015)


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Orchard Road
July 25th 2015
Published: July 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 25th July 2015

There were simply too many "freebies" to partake as we approached closer to the SG50 Weekend proper in August 2015. In fact, the inaugural SIA Open House was also held this weekend and I would probably have registered for it should I had known it earlier.

Anyway, we decided to pop by at the National Orchid Garden located within our very first UNESCO World Heritage Site - the Singapore Botanic Gardens. The usual $5 admission was waived for all Singaporeans from now till end of August 2015.

Mum and dad were pretty bored looking at the animals when we visited the zoo two weekends ago. The situation was quite different when we visited the orchid garden as they were happily snapping shots of the beautiful orchids of varying colours. To minimise walking to and fro, we took a short taxi ride from Holland Village to the gates of the orchid garden before taking a relaxed stroll across the Swan Lake towards the direction of Orchard Road.

Finally, this was one activity that they thoroughly enjoyed. I should have taken the cue from them when we visited the Gardens By the Bay last month!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb