Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Orchard Road
January 9th 2012
Published: January 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Singapore is now definately one of our favorite new cities!!

So, took us around 15 hrs on the coach to get here which was painless enough (although wasn't feeling at all well which wasnt the most fun experience!) but we had aircon, comfy seats and plenty of room to sleep so that was plus - still 15hrs on a coach though!! As usual the coach dropped us of at some random location - we had no clue and at 5am with our rucksacks it was not the most fun experience. Managed to find the MRT (underground) which took us to Lavander Street where our hostel was - still took us 20 mins to walk to the Hostel though - when its baking hot, wearing a very heavy rucksack and you're feeling like crap = not fun!!

The Hostel was really nice though - a comfy bed, hot shower and air con - nothing better!! We arrived at the Hostel pretty early so we grabbed a quick shower and headed Orchard Road, the shopping here is just incredible! Designer shops, highstreet shops and plenty of amazing places to eat - alas not on a travellers budget!! Feeling pretty knackered at this point so headed back to to the Hostel where we slept the afternoon away. Decided to go and explore China town that night - literally felt like the streets of China! Red and Gold everywhere amd so many lights and lanterns.

We decided another trip to Orchard road was needed as we felt we had missed out on alot - we had! You have never seen so many shopping malls on one road!! It is so expensive here though but we have decided when we make our millions we're coming back for some serous shopping. Headed to Little India that night - we definately did not head to the right area - wasnt what we expected, we were looking for the night market area but couldnt find it so litterally stayed 5 mins then caught the MRT to Clark Quay which had loads of liite bars located on the Water Front, was so pretty but Cocktails were 10 quid each so we could only treat ourselves to one!

For our last full day in Singapore we went to Marina Bay - the buldings were pretty cool there, theres a building which is three huge towers with a boat shaped pool at the top connecting them. Was yet again another amazing mall there which had a Casino and Theatres in it. We tried to get Tickets to go and see Wicked (yes not in the budget but we thought we deserved a treat!) but they had sold out. Went to go and see the Titanic Exhibition instead - not a very 'Singapore' thing to do but was interesting to see. Went back to China town that evening to have a bite to eat (can only eat with chopsticks here which was a little challanging) then took another trip to Orchard road as we had been told it was amazing to see at night. Was really beautifully as it was all lit up and there were some pretty random and bizzare street performers!

So surreal that the Thailand part of the trip is actually over! We have had so much fun here and have experienced some truly amazing things! But lots more fun ahead! Byyye Thailand!!



Speak to you all soon (and more comments and msgs guys!! We want to know whats going on with all of you guys too!!)



Lots of Love Loz and Rach xxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb