Singapore!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
December 14th 2012
Published: December 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

SO instead of doing a visa run we decided to go to Singapore! This means we were allowed to stay an extra 30 days in Thailand as we were flying back in. You get 15 days if you arrive overland. We arrived in Little Indai, the area where we were staying.. we were staying in an alright place-for the same money we would have a castle in Thailand! It did the trick though! We took the tour bus and went all over Singapore, talk about impressive! Singapore is such a wealthy country, especially in comparison to Thailand. It's contrasting cultures are intriguing and the architecture of the city reflects this. A small shopping spree occured on day 2 when we found a 24 hour mall at 11pm.. It had the biggest sports store I had ever been in! Like I need more sports stuff...but right then it felt like I did!

We also went to Universal Studios for the day which was awesome! Would defo recommend anybody going that way to do it. We were waiting in the ticket queue when a Singaporian couple came over. The boy asked did we want2 tickets because their friends couldn't make it. We said we would and we would give them the money for them but they wouldn't take anything! €150 saved! Universal itself was great.. People kept coming over to take pictures of myself and Gillian, and asking us to be in their pictures. This also happens quite regularly in Thailand.. I can only put it down to us being very white and giant-like compared to the asians!

All in all, a great visa run!

Ps-if you go to Singapore from Thailand, you will think you are being robbed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb