Singapore, city-state.


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
October 30th 2008
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Little India Little India Little India

the area with delish food and cheapest places to stay!
The cleanest most well behaved country/city state in the world, western right down to Starbucks and KFC’s. Taxi to the Cricket ground in hope of a backpackers and a place to unload the bags… no such joy. We checked out the bible (Lonely Planet) and decided to walk to the YMCA which is noted as a cheaper option in Singapore, 10 minutes in and sweaty as hell we decide to hop in a taxi as we aren’t getting very far In the intense heat of midday sun. YMCA appears to be $150 Singapore dollars a night which is about 70 pounds a night in the queens! On to the next place… we decide to have a break in Starbucks with Ice Mocha Frappuccino’s! We leave Helen with the bags and me and Jay go on the hunt for cheap accommodation. Success, we find a place with dorms in little India for $30 Singapore dollars a night, a bit better, off we go to get Helen and begin the trek to the Prince of Wales guest house.
Were in need of a beer, three beers please… that will be $40 dollars please! First and last beer in Singapore then!

Singapore Zoo;
Singapore, Zoo!Singapore, Zoo!Singapore, Zoo!

Entrance to the mighty Singapore Zoo
supposedly one of the worlds greatest zoo’s… I’d agree from my zoo experiences so far it was pretty cool. No fences or cages, just water to stop the animals from getting to you or the other way around! The zoo is huge and full of some pretty rare and crazy animals. The Siberian tigers are massive and the elephant show was pretty impressive, even more so when one of the female elephants just lets a massive crap out almost onto one of the instructors! Ha-ha! The day was pretty awesome but I think the price of things in Singapore is starting to kill us a little! We spend the next evening in the cinema and see the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, ney bad but a bit like a Bourne movie instead of a Bond movie!

The split! Jay departs for Sydney and a job, t’is a sad moment for Team James, no more spooning in double beds for either members! 3 months of epic adventures come for an end for a bit for Jay as he is off back to the real world of work for few months before continuing with travels again, Team Jamelen set
Birds a plentyBirds a plentyBirds a plenty

Singapore Zoo welcomes with birds!
off on a new adventure and Team James will be re-united in Oz in a month and a bit.

Me and Helen head back to KL to contemplate what next, what next indeed >>>


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Just hanging out with my wang out!Just hanging out with my wang out!
Just hanging out with my wang out!

Monkeys, not real but pretty funny none-the-less!
Arf Arf!Arf Arf!
Arf Arf!

A lot of random animal models around, makes for good pictures!!
Turtle head feeding!Turtle head feeding!
Turtle head feeding!

Huge 100 year old turtles walking around, sweet, dude!


Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb