Bogan on tour


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
December 12th 2018
Published: December 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Mutabbaq for breakfastMutabbaq for breakfastMutabbaq for breakfast

Great to get a taste of Indian cuisine again
Boracay, a name of a island a good friend told me about back in the 80’s. Supposedly the most beautiful white sand beach on the planet. Since hearing of it I have always wanted to visit but The Philippines really isn’t on the way to anywhere when it comes to cheap airfares so it never popped up on any previous trips as an option.

Over the years I have watched and seen the number of hotels, bars and associated environmental impacts make it look less appealing to the point it hasnt been a drawcard.

Then this happened. https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/04/26/18/closing-time-in-boracay-as-6-month-shutdown-begins In April the new President of The Philipines, famously known for his war on drugs by literally exterminating the dealers, announced Boracay was shutting so it could be cleaned up. At about the same time Shelley and I were starting to talk about our next ’trip’. With no idea when it would reopen we decided to head to The Philippines for Xmas.

And now here we are in Singapore for three days stocking up on a few items while starting to acclimatise to the heat and living out of a pack for the next 6 weeks. Stocked up on an optical dive masks for me, spare glasses for Shelley and a few Tiger beers sampled.

As a side note and the reason for the title of this post I got to Christchurch departures unintentionally looking like a bogan. The mullet was a start, my new favourite Leicester Tigers rugby jersey and a pillbox style baseball cap with Neff on it topped it all off.

When our flight got called we ducked into the priority boarding line and was challenged by the person on the gate who said “You arntboarding yet”. The look on her face when I pulled out my Gold Elite card..Priceless.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Ferrar PeakFerrar Peak
Ferrar Peak

What do all these people do?


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb