Singapore - Cool art work and Shiok food!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Kampong Glam
October 15th 2014
Published: January 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

15th October

Today we decided to try again on catching the bus into town and succeeded! We jumped off at Kampong Glam and just wandered around the local area - Arab St and Haji Lane. Lots of local artwork are really cool little cafes and shops.

We were looking for somewhere to eat when we happened to walk past a restaurant with a queue nearly out the door. Peering in the open windows to see what was on offer, we saw it specialised in Prawn Mee soup - my favorite! Mia sat down to grab a place for us to sit whilst I lined up to order. We had the most amazing Prawn Mee soup I've ever had (We paid the extra couple of dollars for the massive prawns)! We'd learned earlier in our trip to eat the prized roe in the prawns - the orange stuff near the head - SO GOOD!

We just chilled in the afternoon (it was so hot outside) and then caught a taxi to East Coast Lagoon Village on the beach for dinner- 'carrot cake' (not the carrot cake we eat in Aus - it's made with radish cake -steamed rice flour and shredded white daikon radish, which has then been stir-fried with eggs, preserved radish, and chilli) satays, curry puffs and more iced desserts. All shiok!!! (Singaporian for DELICIOUS!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb