My Queenstown Staycation (Nov 2018)


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Commonwealth
November 3rd 2018
Published: November 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 3rd November 2018

What a great way to welcome November with a staycation at Queenstown, an area that is akin to my second home in Singapore for the past year. This is Singapore's first satellite town that is rich in social history and community heritage.

We chose to stay at the Crystal Club Room of the Park Hotel Alexandra. This meant that most of our meals were taken care of even though it was easy to supplement our meals from the hawker dishes right at our doorstep.

Check-in was a breeze at the Club Lounge and we were given a room at level 18 where it commanded an imposing view of Queenstown and beyond. By all standards, our room was not spacious and we were surprised that the mini-bar refreshments were not complimentary even though we were staying in the Club Room.

Shortly after checking-in, we headed to Alexandra Village for lunch where we patronised my favourite Lye Bo Wanton Noodles. Their Char Siew and Crispy Roast Pork certainly blew us away and with great service from the husband and wife team, this was a great meal to start our staycation.

Back at the hotel, we took a nap at our comfortable beds before hitting the infinity pool and jacuzzi at 4 in the afternoon. Dinner was served from 5.30pm at the Club Lounge and it consisted mainly of small bites and finger foods that were generally filling.

The highlight of the day was the night tour of Queenstown where I brought WW to some of the landmarks including the former Forfar House and the 47th-Storey Skyville development where it commanded a panoramic view of Singapore. We ended our tour at the iconic Tanglin Halt Market where we had our fried bee hoon, wanton noodles and green bean soup to reward ourselves from the long walk.

Sunday morning started well as we picked up our complimentary buffet breakfast and newspaper at the Club Lounge before proceeding for another round of swim at the infinity pool.

After a short rest and lunch at the ABC Brickworks Market, it was time for us to say goodbye to our staycation at the hotel and Queenstown. This was a beautiful weekend for us and I would be back again in Queenstown the following weekend for my regular monthly tours with My Community.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb