In Transit


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Chinatown
May 9th 2015
Published: May 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Days in transit rarely top the "best day of the trip" chart, but this one wasn't too bad. The excitement was palpable at the airport and all that pent up energy has no where to go when your cooped up in an economy class seat with ill fitting earphones for over 9 hours. There's alot for a 5 year old brain to deal with and while we definitely had our flashpoints, we made it and it's all worth it.

It's great to get Asia back in the nostrils! The humidity, the fumes and the frangrant street food. We aborted the slowest moving taxi queue at Changi to tackle the MRT. With multiple changes we were impressed by the efficiency of the trains - never more than a 3 minute wait. Except for the lack of ticket machines at changi - felt like a longer wait for the ticket machine than all the trains combined.

Hotel is wonderful after 12 hours on the go. The "boys room" @ #465 is where it's at! Wreck it Ralph and EPL replays. Par...tay!!

Checked out Chinatown for dinner - only a short stroll away - and got stuck into some spring rolls, crispy duck, spicy noodles, garlic greens and chicken fried rice. Washed down with a tallie of Harbin and a variety of iced teas. I think i can speak for the whole gang when I say that the beverages really hit the spot.

Would have been fun to explore Chinatown some more, but to be fair we are bloody buggered!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.345s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0721s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb