Last day/night :'( in Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Chinatown
February 15th 2015
Published: February 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

photo-13photo-13photo-13

A Chinese in Chinatown
Final leg of my great trip! In Singapore for last couple of days. Very hot. We've done the usual tourist things like cocktails (nonalcoholic) in the Long Bar of Raffles hotel. Toured the town on the hop on/off bus.I went on the Singapore flyer. Very exciting- like the London eye but bigger. As its nearly Chinese new year there's a very buzzy atmosphere here especially in Chinatown. Saturday night was heaving in all the streets there. Lots of lanterns and more model goats in the centre of the main streets than could be counted. I thought it would be fun to have an authentic Chinese dinner. Not easy to find a table anywhere! We eventually found a restaurant that would have us foreigners!!. Maggie less than impressed with the food! I think it was the squid legs in the fried rice and the woman opposite who was eating a whole giant prawn and filtering the bones and legs through her teeth!!! We didn't stay for dessert!!!!

Easy day today- massage and nails.

I am really sad to be leaving especially New Zealand which has a truly beautiful landscape. Our last few days there were not quite where we planned and we had to make a bit of a fuss about our room. But lovely beaches and good swimming.

So signing off this year's blog ready to return to grey skies and damp weather. Just hope my heating's on!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

DSCN1512DSCN1512
DSCN1512

A cocktail at Raffles with no alcohol
DSCN1528DSCN1528
DSCN1528

Not looking down on the Singapore Flyer
DSCN1449DSCN1449
DSCN1449

A gaytm in Wellington! Didn't use it just in case!! But how cool it is.Would make withdrawing cash more interesting.


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb