plebbing around on my own


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Bugis Village
October 13th 2007
Published: October 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

well this hotel/hostel is in the centre of everything and by doing the hop-on hop-off sight seeing bus today i really got a hang on where we were and we should have done it on the first day. i went to the botanical gardens today and walked for about 3 hours no kidding. the most wonderful trees, jungle, lakes and of course the orchid section which was to die for. my eyes were popping out of my head the colours and shapes and i could not help thinking about my talented friends the jacobs/rech family who have to come here if they have not done so before. what with the zoo, the birds and now the flowers its been awesome. i was so tired after that that i stayed on the bus till it got to sentec shopping centre. i had the best lunch there some prawn soup that was out of this world and the centre is only a stones throw from our hotel. i then got back on the bus and did the red route which was great as well its is a good way to see this place. tonight i went to little india. now when terry and i were there we did not see a half of what i saw tonight and there were a gazillion indians (99%) men hanging around eating and drinking. felt a bit awkward being on my own. did have a lovely masala dosa in a corner restaurant. all the other eating houses seemed to be only men so i chose one that had women and children and was not dissapointed. i have just walked home from there - got that terry -walked home its just around the corner from bugis just past the sim lim centre.tomorrow is my last day and then its home tomorrow night. so folks i am wacked and thats me signing out for now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0932s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb