Which Island in the Philippines Has Your Name On It?


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
August 4th 2015
Published: August 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The Philippines has got something for everyone, and I do mean everyone. From party blowouts, surfing meccas, diving enthusiasts of both the snorkeling and deep diving variety, or for those wanting to have time out and soak up the sun, being just plain lazy. With over 7,000 islands, crystal clear blue water to float about in whilst peering at amazing marine life and golden sand just waiting for your footprints, it is a playground for all beach lovers.



No two islands offer the same, so it is quite practical to jump from one to the other in this archipelago, as your fancy takes you. The high season and of course the best time to go, is during the months of December and January, but if you want to avoid the masses pick another month.

Boracay, with soft as powder sand and nights alive with action, is famous for being party heaven. The busiest beach is White Beach and it is touted as being an early Phuket in Thailand. Kite-boarders and windsurfers descend on this island at the beginning of each year for the International Funboard Cup.

Palawan, home to El Nido and Taytay, was once the domain of the rich and famous, but is now accommodating those with skinny wallets. Smothered in limestone crags and surreal mirror lagoons where it is possible to see the fish darting about the coral without getting wet, it is the place to grab a kayak and explore to your hearts' content without the maddening crowds. Or, to dive its depths to play with the sea cows, manta rays, dolphins or turtles.



Cebu is where you want to be to see the largest fish on the planet, a whale shark. You can actually jump in the water with these mammoth creatures and then by lunchtime be reclining in a waterfall hole at Tumalog Waterfalls. This is the place for those seeking to do nothing much at all, as it really isn't a part of the 21st century in any fashion.

Bohol, Panglao and Pamilacan Islands are the islands to head for if seeking a bit of eco friendly tourism where nature's bounty both in and out of the water is in abundance. Showing off its beauty with the "Chocolate Hills" to gaze at, it is also where you will find its precious habitant the tarsier, which is the smallest monkey on earth.

Samal, Davao is a favorite amongst divers and snorkelers for its crystal clear waters swarming with marine life. It has the luxury of a 118 kilometer ocean apron of white sand, graced with swaying coconut palm trees where swinging in a hammock is de rigueur.

The list is endless:

Explore the UNESCO site of Banaue in North Luzon where you will find pine trees, traditional ancient rice terraces, deep ravines and isolated tribes.

Go surfing on Siargao and take on the challenge of the international famous Cloud 9 break.

Run away from it all and go to Camiguin Island, where you can actually dive through an ancient underwater cemetery.

Wanting a witch doctor? Then head to Siguijor to find a local "healer" and after go for a brilliant snorkel in its aqua waters.

Dive Mindoro to see the larger species of underwater creatures, or get your brave heart out and explore Palaui Island, where camping under the stars is the only way to go, as there is no accommodation on the island at all. For solitude, you have to head to Pagudpud/Bangui, Ilocos Norte, where no one will bother you.

It's all paradise.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb