Puerto Princesa, Palawan


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
February 15th 2012
Published: February 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Puerto Princesa, Palawan



11.26.2009. Time to fly again! Medyo months in the making ang trip na ito since we availed of the cebupac promo around march 2009. The fare was so cheap – PhP 1,500++ (you have to check cebupac promos! cheapest fare rates talaga!)



We reserved our accommodation and travel tours in De Loro Inn – 5-minute drive from the airport. I highly recommend this to all of you who would be visiting Puerto Princesa for two reasons: (1) cheap rate for accommodation and travel fees, for only PhP 4,600 (group of seven) we already have 5D 4N accommodation, free breakfast and lunch, Honda bay, Underground river and city tour inclusive! and (2) the owner and staff are soooo friendly.



We arrived at the PPS airport by 5pm. Staffs from De Loro Inn are waiting for us. As soon as we arrived, we asked "Beh" (this is how the staff call each other), the front desk attendant to call Ka Lui so we can have a dinner reservation. This is one of the well-known restaurants in Puerto Princesa. The ambiance is so cozy and native. Nice place to have your picture-taking. You should go to the restroom because the view on the way to the restroom is really nice.



Day 1. Honda Bay Island Hopping

I am not a beach lover… only sand lover. I don't know why, maybe because I don't really swim and am afraid to go to the water that is already chest deep. But just the same, I have to see the place because this is one of the tourist spots. Sayang naman ang punta ko if I won't be seeing the place.



True enough, the beach was really nice. It is a white sand beach, with fine grains of sand. The place is just so relaxing. We went to the waters and there are a lot of fishes eventhough water is only waist deep. You have to bring bread, goggles and underwater camera with you so you can really enjoy the experience. You can feed the fishes while taking photos under the water. It is really fun! Thanks to Emmy for lending me her underwater cam.<span>J



I loved the place because it is not polluted and is not crowded. The water is clear, the feel of white fine grains of sand relaxes my feet and the fishes are so lovely! The place is just perfect for picture-taking when you are a nature lover. Definitely one of the best beaches I've ever experienced.



Day 2. Underground River

This is the most talked about tourist spot because this is Palawan's pride for the Wonders of the World. It was a 2-hour drive from the city with some rough roads. And during this tour, we met 4 new friends – A.R. and his brother Jeff, Jamie and Phrinzes. We enjoyed the walk by the seashore while we wait for our buffet lunch. I just love the sound of the waves as it gets to the shore. We visited the mangrove planting area but never had the chance to paddle a boat.



While waiting for our turn (we were scheduled to go inside the cave by 3pm), we roamed around the beach and have some photos taken. As soon as boats are available, we were grouped into 2 (max of 6 persons per boat) and headed to the underground river entrance. From the shore, we walked a couple of meters until we reached the Underground River. Complete with helmet and life vest, the bangkero paddled his boat (with 11 passengers) inside the cave. It was so dark inside but the bangkero knows exactly where to turn and where exactly the rock formations are. It was just a few minute tour but quite fun and interesting especially with the different rock formations inside the cave.



Day 3. City Tour

Since city tour is only a half-day tour, we decided to hear mass in the morning and go to the market for some more pasalubongs. After that, we had our lunch at Badjao Seafront restaurant. A place you should visit when there is still sunlight so you can enjoy the view. The restaurant is made of wood and just under it is the sea. A fine-dining place with wonderful view.



For most of us, this is somewhat boring. We visited the crocodile park (Davao crocodile park is better), butterfly garden and Iwahig jail (yes! You heard it right! This is where prisoners are but the place is really safe. Prisoners are harmless.) The place I loved the most in this tour is the Mitra ranch, an overlooking place. You can have a wonderful view of the Honda bay and the islands. Another one that I liked best it the Baker's Hills. Aside from the tons of pasalubongs you can buy from the place (Hopiang ube and oatmeal bars are my favorites!) there is also a park inside where you can relax and take photos.



This is Puerto Princesa. Wonderful place. Nice people. This is my experience of the place, how about you? <span>J



http://picasaweb.google.com/erlydevera/PuertoPrincesaPalawan#

Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb