Philippines


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
April 13th 2009
Published: April 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Puerto Princesa
Puerto Princessa, Filipines
Tuesday, April 14th, 2009
3 days to go, we have one destination left on this cruise before the end at Hong Kong.
We had a lovely day of snorkeling and boating in Honda Bay of Palawan Island; Palawan means land of beautiful safe harbor. We purchased the 7 hour island hopping tour. We travelled by van to a pier where we boarded an outrigger boat called a bakku. We swam and snorkeled in lovely clear warm water and saw corals, fish and mollusks; the back of my legs are burned to a crisp and some of my butt also. We saw many islands, stopped at 2 and ate a lovely BBQ lunch at a third. The menu included fresh papaya (in season), pineapple and small bananas, then came rice and mixed veggies in spicy sauce and next…. the seafood: BBQed prawns, small crab and pork, served on a round banana leaf set on a basket, lovely and tasty.
Down side, the boat we were on was S L O W and noisy, our friends were upset; also, we arrived so late at lunch that the caterer ran out of beer, T & I went straight for the drinks but our 4 companions did not. They had none!
We could have gone to a penal colony or an underground river, I was pleased with or choice, but it was really an great profit maker for HAL; I think they made a 200% profit. Last excursion for us this trip. We received a 50% discount on our overpriced tickets after we complained to the excursion desk.
A few more days and it is all over, too bad, but it is time.
Still haven’t found my Branigan on this trip although Ron came close.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.394s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb