Sierra Cave, Cagayan Valley


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
September 2nd 2017
Published: October 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Cagayan was dubbed as the "Caving Capital of the Philippines", and Sierra cave is one of the 300 caves in Cagayan that have been documented by the National Museum of the Philippines.

Sierra cave is a better-preserved and a less visited cave also within the Callao Ecotourism Zone,

It is known for it's many interesting and beautiful geological formations. Fossilized specimens are also seen embedded in the caves' ceiling, among those are remains of marine creatures and also tree trunks.
The cave has been recorded as approximately 700 meters in length.
Due to current threats to the limestone formations and the animal life inside the cave, visitors are only allowed in if they are in the company of authorized guides.

I really enjoyed navigating Sierra Cave, experiencing silence in total darkness, crawling in the mud (which is a choice I made while my companions chose the easier way), and dancing! yes, dancing! you'll find out when you're there! Lol!

Make sure to bring a headlamp or flashlight, comfortable footwear (not the slippery kind), a waterproof camera or any gadget as long as you can find a way to waterproof it. lol.
I brought a waterproof bag with me, along with my GoPro4.
Also, bring a change of clothes just in case you want to navigate the cave from it's entrance to exit, which is 700 meters.

Bus Fare: Baguio-Tuguegarao
Manila-Tuguegarao: 600Php (approx.)
Tricycle to Sierra- 400-700Php
Jitney: 25Php/person
Guide+entrance fee: 330/group

Remember to leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and be in the moment!

~Adventure awaits!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb