A Walk In The Clouds


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Tagaytay
November 3rd 2010
Published: November 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Halloween is a national holiday in the Philippines so my family decided to visit our summer home in Tagaytay city since its a long weekend. Tagaytay is about an hour and a half from Manila. Those who can afford a vacation house would usually buy here because of the cool weather. At least the weather used to be cool, now not so much but its still cooler and a lot less polluted than Manila.
The weather wasn't good when we got there. It rained most of the time so we just stayed at home. Cooking, eating, sleeping. The wind was howling it's as if there was a storm. It was foggy and at times we couldn't see the neighbors. T'was kinda like a scene from a scary movie. I imagine it would have been awesome to take a boat ride in the lake. It would have looked like the movie Lake Placid. I do love that lake. We usually go there when we're in Tagaytay. Its like your transported to a whole new world away from all the noise in Manila. As a child I always thought it was magical. I have fond memories of hiking the Taal Volcano. But it rained a lot so of course we didn't do any of that.
On the third day it stopped raining for a few hours so we went out and visited SSD. It's the regional headquarters of the Seventh-day Adventist church. They have the coolest garden in Tagaytay. Adventists are known for landscaping.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



23rd February 2011

Hi Harold
Happy to find your blog. That is a lovely summer home. Where is that? And also, it is kind of strange to find Balinese and Khmer architecture in the SSD garden. Why kaya?
6th March 2011
the gazebo thing

I wonder where's this picture in Tagaytay taken? I would be very grateful, thanks! LOve your blog! :)
6th March 2011

SSD
youd see it on your way back to Manila if you take the Coastal Road. Its great for taking pictures. Thanks!

Tot: 0.345s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 23; qc: 105; dbt: 0.2676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb