The Philippines Diary Part 4 - Snorkelling In The Coral Reef


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Surigao » Siargao
July 24th 2011
Published: August 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The BoardwalkThe BoardwalkThe Boardwalk

Probably the best hotel on Siargao!
Dear Blog Readers,
Welcome to Part 4 of the Philippine Blogs! You can read the other parts by clicking the links below:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

We awoke to a torrential downpour of rain outside. We braved the weather and went down to a nearby restaurant for breakfast. Laura got a plate of French toast. It’s basically normal toast but with a beret on top of it. I ordered the English breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised. Bacon – check. Fried eggs – check. Toast – check. German sausage – Debateable. Mango – what? I bought a cup of tea to wash it down with too. Feeling quite intercontinental, we decided to spend the morning tackling the waves on Quicksilver again. The waves were pretty good and it soon got crowded.

I stopped after an hour because my feet had become shredded. Laura stayed out for another hour before getting into a fight. Luckily, the fight was only with her surfboard. Unluckily, she lost. The board came crashing down on top of her and smashed her straight on the bridge of her nose. The crunching sound was probably some cartilage but it didn’t seem to be broken, just badly bruised.
Cloud 9Cloud 9Cloud 9

Cloud 9 waves.
Consequently, I was now walking around the Philippines with my girlfriend sporting a badly bruised nose and two black eyes.

A restaurant nearby had cupcakes and cookies in the entrance so we had dessert covered. For our main course, I got some fresh fish and chips. It was superb! Fish with no bones in it?! Why hasn’t Korea thought of doing that?

We then hired some snorkelling equipment and went swimming off from a nearby beach. The coral looked amazing and the wildlife that it attracted was weird and beautiful at the same time. A huge array of rainbow coloured fish, brightly coloured starfish and danger-evoking creatures with huge black spikes nestled amongst the coral varying in all shapes and sizes. Everything looked amazing even though the weather was overcast. I wish our camera was waterproof so you could see some of these beauties of the deep.

Tink and Laura


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

SurferSurfer
Surfer

Laura with a comedy sized surf board.
SculptureSculpture
Sculpture

Cool sculpture outside the entrance.
CardsCards
Cards

Laura about to get thrashed!
SiargaoSiargao
Siargao

Island from the boardwalk.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb