Surfing Capital


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Surigao del Norte
October 14th 2008
Published: October 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Official travels usually brought me to places i think i wouldn't have the chance to visit if it will just be a regular vacation/ travel. Whooaaa! The Province of Surigao del Norte requested for technical assistance from our office for the upgrading of an Island Hospital which is the Siargao District Hospital. And i am just lucky maybe that i am in-charge of the CARAGA Region.

All set and it's June 30 to July 4, official business trip with my officemate to assist me aside from our CHD Engineer. PAL is our official airline and we landed at Butuan City airport. Headed to Surigao City for an early morning meeting with Provincial Governor Barbers. The next day, July 2, at 5:00 in the morning, we left at the Surigao City port riding a pump boat. It's raining hard and we had 20's or more of uniformed men with us. It's so happened that there was an encounter between the military and the rebels a day before our trip. Did i worry about our safety??? NO! It's because i just thought we have a different purpose.

I was too excited that i was expecting Cloud 9 waves but unluckily or
The TravellerThe TravellerThe Traveller

at Cloud Nine Resort where surfing competition happens
just lucky enough not to experience that huge waves---none appear during our trip to Siargao. We've seen the cream powdery sand, the waves, smaller though, July is not a surfing month yet. There are surfers, both local and foreign practicing for the forthcoming Surfing competition in September. We just joy ride in using 1 motorbike, 4 of us, the driver, my officemate and CHD engineer. Not much to see at night, Siargao Islands is really a paradise for surfers only. Will i still go back o Siargao? Maybe yes, due to work related purpose i think, but just for surfing---- maybe i'll try other place. Why? maybe because of travel time, quite far. But, at least i've reached the Surfing capital of the Philippines.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Juror's PlatformJuror's Platform
Juror's Platform

an elevated platoform for the juror's during the competition
Sea HouseSea House
Sea House

Sea House??? If there's atree house there is such like this one. lol!
The Boat ManThe Boat Man
The Boat Man

while on our way back to Surigao City, our motor boat passed by this man in his banca and i just love it that i took photo!
Sunrise in SiargaoSunrise in Siargao
Sunrise in Siargao

We travel back to Surigao City at 6:00 in the morning and such a beautiful scene ---the Sunrise by the sea. I took the photo while im in the boat.


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb