The Motorcycle diaries of Siquijor Island


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Siquijor
December 19th 2011
Published: December 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Arriving the port of Siquijor and catching the real glimpse of this mystique island captures my spirits. It was sunny Thursday and we are mauled with people who offers rent on motorcycle. I was happy they were really helpful in showing us the which place to rent a motorcycle. I refused them politely, since my friend already booked us with our ride.

This is the site that would greet you when you arrived at Siquijor....the magnificent sand stretch and cheap fee for simple amenities.

By the mere sight we were excited to get on the bike and ride all over the island and explore what's store for us. Both of us never disappointed this island had so much to offer and people are very accommodating and friendly.

We conquer the whole island with our motorcycle and swim almost all the nearby beaches we stop by shoot some good pictures and cherish every moments along the way.



Inside the convent i read a few quotes from the priest who made this convent, He said that his building it big because he wants every sick servicemen of Catholics goes here to recuperate. I think his right visiting Siquijor is a sigh of relief aside from the serenity and mysticism it offers there's something in this place that fascinates the heart of every visitors. Mine is more on spiritual tinge and nature. I don't know others..you might want to try..



This bell tower has been standing and watch this town changed through times, it speaks the language of old times and watch every people lives unfold. There's a bellman who once told me that the bell have different tunes for every occasions.

Motorcycle diaries are part of growing up and exploring other places we learn something from our self and others as well. One never stop exploring, adapting and changing.

more stories from this link:samalislandtherealdeal.wordpress.co


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

church in Lasi, Siquijorchurch in Lasi, Siquijor
church in Lasi, Siquijor

one of the oldest stone church in the Philippines
inside the conventinside the convent
inside the convent

exploring inside the oldest and largest stone made convents.
the Conventthe Convent
the Convent

among the biggest stone made convent


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb