A beach life in Crista de Gallo


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Romblon
December 6th 2013
Published: December 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Sibuyan Island as the backdropSibuyan Island as the backdropSibuyan Island as the backdrop

An hour from the main island of Sibuyan, Province of Romblon
The Philippines is becoming a top tourist destination as recognized by various travel websites. Recently, the country was listed as one of the popular destinations in the Lonely Planet Traveller's Choice 2013.

In particular, Boracay Island was also voted as one of the best beaches in Asia 2013. Even before that, Boracay consistently made it as second in the best beaches in the world awards. On the other hand, Boracay is not the only islet in the country, but there are other more beautiful, stunning and unexploited places with crystal clear water and white sand beaches that both local and foreign tourists could enjoy. Crista de Gallo (aka Isla) in Sibuyan (Romblon) is on top of the list!

Isla as commonly known by the locals, the islet can be reached by motor boats from the mainland of Sibuyan. Sibuyan Island is located at the central part of Visayas and within the Southern Tagalog region of the country. Having an hour of sailing from Sibuyan to Isla, you can also enjoy the panoramic view of the mystic landscape, Mount Guiting-guiting - considered as one the densest forests in the country. The mountain has also the difficult features for climbers to reach its highest peak. Isla is also accessible with commercial motor boats leaving Boracay on a regular basis (between 4-5 hours travel time, depending on the weather).

How to reach the islet from Metro Manila? Take a bus or hire a van from any major cities going to Batangas Port (2 hours trip). From the port, ride a ship (Montenegro or Navios shipping lines) going to Sibuyan Island which will take a total of 15 hours journey with two stop-overs (Tablas and Romblon). The long travel is not really boring, as you enjoy the seascapes of Romblon, or by any chance able to watch playful dolphins swimming at the sides of the ship.

Enjoy the hospitality of the Filipinos and their beautiful islands where the sun, sand and sea meet every day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Sibuyan IslandSibuyan Island
Sibuyan Island

Panoramic view of the main island
Crista de GalloCrista de Gallo
Crista de Gallo

This is a life beach at Crista
Sailing to the islandSailing to the island
Sailing to the island

Motor boat is main transport


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb